Tagged: ravintola

Lehtovaara

Restaurant Lehtovaara is among Helsinki’s longest-established restaurants. Founded by Confectioner Emil Lehtovaara in Vyborg in 1916, it was sold to Stockholm-born Ragnar Hansson in 1922. When the Winter War (1939) began, most of Vyborg’s citizens were evacuated and Hansson moved Lehtovaara to Helsinki in 1940. The restaurant has occupied the same premises ever since, in the Taka-Töölö neighbourhood next to the Sibelius Park. This beautiful neon sign above the door is probably designed in 40´s, too.

Ravintola Lehtovaara

lehtovaara