”Privata svenska flickskolan” building company bought up a plot in Töölö, at the corner of Apollonkatu 12 and Minervankatu 3, and in the autumn 1927 they released an architectural competition, which was won by architect Eva Kuhlefelt-Ekelund. In spring 1928, construction could be started and in september 1929 students could move in and schoolwork could begin. This beautiful, functionalist building is absolutely one of Töölö´s landmarks. The architect seemed to had had a very good eye for graphic design and typography also.
Töölö is a district which is famous for its functional architecture. This house, designed by Gunnar Nordström, was built in 1933 for the child care. Now it has been lovingly restored and is still one of the finest buildings in this area . Above the entrance, the typography is subtle and very well designed.
Architect Jalmari Peltonen was a very productive and designed to Helsinki a total of 40 apartment buildings, the majority of these to Töölö. This straight-line, functionalist house at Kamppi area was built in 1928. On the front of the house still has the original glass signage with classic serif typography.